Account Manager - Leeds
I am working with a well-established freight forwarding company based on the outskirts of Leeds, who are looking for an Account Manager, to work predominantly within imports within the air & sea/ocean sections.
The role will be within the freight forwarding division as part of a team dealing predominantly with Import shipments to UK from across the world, including Far East, India, Turkey, Europe. There will also be an element of export, but the role will be at least 85% Import based.
- Carry out booking procedures accurately, with a 'right first time’ attitude, to ensure customers receive a high-quality service.
- Handling of Import processes and have confidence to offer guidance to clients accordingly.
- Where appropriate, collect payment from clients without credit terms in place.
- Obtaining, checking, and preparing documentation to meet customs requirements
- Dealing with a variety of commodities for all shipments
- Be able to handle the whole life cycle of the shipment from clearance to delivery to the customer
- Complete day to day customs clearance and entries for all ocean and air freight shipments
- Import and Export clearances though HMRC CHEIF
- Deal with all queries quickly and efficiently
- IT literacy with a good working knowledge of a variety of software applications, including Microsoft Office.
- Adaptable to new working practices and embracing of Company Operating Systems and procedures.
- Previous experience within an Import Forwarding role, preferably including Customs experience.
- Confident communicator with good organisational skills
Working hours of Monday – Friday 8.30am – 5.00pm, optional overtime during busy periods, free onsite parking, company pension scheme, and additional performance incentives.
To be considered for this role, please send an up to date CV to Jamie.Cowman@TRC-Group.co.uk
If you’re looking for a new role, apply today! You can also view all of our live vacancies on our new recruitment app! Search 'The Recruitment Crowd' in the App Store or Play Store!