Class 1 Driver
Class 1 Driver
Job Type: Permanent
Pay Rate: £10.50 p/h with overtime available
Hours: Monday - Friday
The Recruitment Crowd are currently recruiting for a class 1 driver on behalf of one of our award-winning, innovative and rapidly expanding clients.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Delivery of our finished products to a variety of business
- Route planning.
- Responsibility for ensuring that the vehicle you are in charge of is in a roadworthy condition and is kept clean.
- Ensuring that customers are satisfied with each and every job that you undertake.
- Communicate any problems that arise with deliveries to your manager and our Customer Services Department.
- It will sometimes be necessary to spend nights away from home- between 2-4 nights per week
- Other duties, including occasional warehouse work, to suit the needs of the business
- Safe and efficient driving in accordance with the law.
- Represent the company professionally- our drivers are often the face of the business.
- Accurate record-keeping and timely completion of paperwork.
- We will accept up to 6 points on your licence, but no DD, TT, DR, CD, IN endorsements
- Enthusiastic and flexible approach.
- Ability to self-manage your time
- e during the working day.
- Must be of smart appearance. Ability to work independently
- Impeccable timekeeping.
- Comfortable with manual handling.
- Good communication skills.
- Good geographical knowledge of the UK
- HGV Class 1 Licence- held for at least two years.
- Experience working as an HGV driver
- A good standard of literacy.
- Furniture handling experience a distinct advantage
- 30 days holidays (incl. bank holidays)
- Free on-site parking
- Contributory pension scheme
- On-site funded restaurant
- Cycle to work scheme
- Local gym membership special offers
- Training and development
Please contact Tori on 0113 457 3760 or apply below with your CV.