Conveyancer - Leeds
£32,000 + Pension + Benefits
We are currently recruiting for a distinctive law firm based in Leeds. Our client is a top UK 100 full service commercial law firm, based in Leeds, focused on providing our clients both in the UK and Internationally with partner-led, high quality, insightful advice.
The role we are currently recruiting for is a Converyancer to join the City and Estates team at their office in Leeds.
About the Role
Running a case load of sales of individual plots acting for national and regional house builders and including part exchange properties and completing sales to Registered Providers.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Dealing with and progressing the matters within the Fee Earners control in accordance with the group and clients procedures.
- Checking and reporting on titles to part exchange properties.
- Communicating with clients on a daily basis and explaining a number of legal and procedural issues.
- Undertaking tasks as instructed by other fee earners in the department, as and when required.
- General administrative tasks, including monthly reporting on cases for client purposes and invoicing of files.
- Comply faithfully in all respects with directions and/or requests from the Partner/fee earners you are responsible to.
- Comply with the department's policy in so far as own caseload is concerned regarding taking and confirming instructions; client care; file management; file organisation and file review procedures.
- Use the firm's IT solutions to implement, manage and maintain own diary system to ensure the efficient progress of own caseload.
- Seek assistance whenever appropriate from Partner/colleagues in respect of unusual or difficult problems/issues arising on any cases.
- Contribute towards own self development and attend training arranged for you
- Report immediately to the Partner on any issue/complaint re: professional conduct and/or client dissatisfaction and/or potential negligence or negative costs implications for the firm.
- Promote good relations with other members of staff and facilitate teamwork.
- Adhere to the firm's health and safety policies and other requirements relating to the care of the firm's equipment both in and outside of the office.
Skills and experience:
- Demonstrate focus and commitment to work duties
- Be able to work to assist in achieving fee targets
- Display a professional and assertive approach
- Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Can display good standard of written and spoken English
- Have excellent organisational skills
- Experience of telephone work and have a confident telephone manner
- Good attention to detail to maintain accurate file notes and financial calculations
If you are interested in all of the above, please feel free to contact Kate Shorthouse at TRC Group and apply now….
If you’re looking for a new role, apply today! You can also view all of our live vacancies on our new recruitment app! Search 'The Recruitment Crowd' in the App Store or Play Store!
Up to £32,000