Design Engineer - Acoustic Control
£33,000 - £35,000 p.a.
Based in Bradford
As a Design Engineer, you will be responsible for the production of detailed design information on a range of product types, as part of our second line engineering process. You will form a key member of the design team provide support to both pre- and post-sales functions.
You will take sales estimation proposals and develop them into mature solutions ready to be handed over to the projects team.
The design information will require a thorough review of the scope of works, specification compliance and will entail the production of detailed general arrangement and fabrication drawings alongside the production of bill of materials.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Taking ownership in developing designs to an agreed specification, including the key measures of meeting deadlines, meeting design criteria, liaising with suppliers.
- Developing designs for projects from initial enquiry, producing costings, and producing BOMs (Bill of Materials). Final design sign off of above information required prior to handover to the project team.
- Developing new product ranges as part of the MP Research and Development process.
- Working as part of a multi-discipline engineering team consisting of ventilation, building services, refrigeration, acoustic and control engineers to develop complex product solutions.
- Working on varied types of drawings from single line design concepts to intricately detailed manufacturing drawings.
- Providing mentoring and technical support to other engineers and technicians on areas of speciality.
- Keeping drawing schedules up to date for issued and received drawings.
- Managing risk, effectively, collaborating with all departments and adapting to situations.
- Maximising value engineering opportunities.
- Dealing with and managing customer technical requests in a professional manner.
- Willing to learn and develop product knowledge
- Updating Internal Shared Knowledge Platform with updated design information, changes to process methodologies.
- Attending site surveys and client meetings to provide client technical support, and or support pre/post sales departments.
- Making sure the company is aware of new legislative requirements in this area and is compliant with its regulatory obligations.
- Carrying out a regular review of the latest standards to ensure the Company meets the latest guidelines.
- Maintaining a high level of quality in accordance with Company policies.
- Providing technical support and training to internal and external customers.
- Attending meetings as requested and providing reports, as required.
- Managing workload proactively to achieve objectives and ensure activity schedules are kept regularly up to date.
- Designing of acoustic enclosures, including steel fabrication design, stress and strain calculations, acoustic analysis and ventilation calculations, in accordance with regulatory requirements, guidelines and codes of practice.
- Producing accurate working drawings for production.
- Producing sales proposal drawings.
- Working on 3D conceptual designs and building services using tools such as REVIT and Inventor or Solidworks.
- Providing data on drawing times for scheduling purposes.
- Checking completed drawings for accuracy.
- Checking equipment drawings and details and incorporating into drawings accurately.
- Any other ad hoc duties that may be required from time to time for the smooth running of the business.
- Solidworks or Inventor Experience
- Experience of developing and designing noise control solutions
- Experience of developing designs from an initial brief through to project handover.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Flexible approach to working hours with the overall focus of delivering projects on and on budget
- Strong client relationship skills
- Working to ISO9001 quality procedures and CDM regulations
- Strong commercial awareness
- Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills plus high-quality standards of written work and drawings.
If you are interested in this position contact Rebecca on 0113 457 3760 / firstname.lastname@example.org
For more Engineering Jobs, please take a look at our Engineering Jobs page here
£33,000 to £35,000