Trade Counter Supervisor - Denton
Trade Counter Supervisor
We are looking for an experienced Trade Counter Supervisor to oversee the running of a very busy customer-focused Trade Counter in Denton. The main role of the Trade Counter Supervisor is to co-ordinate, lead and motivate all the sales activities of the Trade Counter whilst supervising the Trade Counter Assistants.
- Motivate the individuals within the team in order to generate a vibrant, positive, team orientated culture which is focused on delivering outstanding customer service.
- Monitor and manage team performance and identify areas for improvement on a day to day basis.
- Hold the daily Trade Counter ‘huddle’ and ensure priorities and standards are met and exceeded throughout the working day.
- Review internal department processes and implement improvement plans where necessary.
- Carryout staff performance appraisal reviews.
- Carrying out performance management for under-achieving members of staff.
- Carrying out investigations when required.
- Identify training requirements for members of the Trade Counter Department and implement training and development programmes.
- Increase the sales within the Trade Counter by generating new ideas and improving current procedures.
- Increase and attract new customers into the Trade Counter in-line with the department objectives.
- Strive, with the other members of the Trade Counter team, to achieve all of the department’s objectives.
- Assist in developing and building strong customer relationships.
- Promote and drive product and Trade Counter incentives to ensure maximum sales and exposure by including current promotions and incentives as well as driving sales through up-selling and add-ons to increase AOV.
- Responsible for ensuring that the returns area is managed in-line with health and safety policies.
- Responsible for ensuring that the collections area and paperwork relating to it are managed effectively and regularly.
- To aid in other areas of the Trade Counter i.e. picking orders etc. as and when needed.
- Ensure the accuracy of the Daily Sales Spreadsheet.
- Ensure the accuracy of the recording of credit card sales.
- Manage the monies taken at the Trade Counter.
- Ensure customer’s order are processed efficiently and within timescales set.
- Liaise with all other departments.
- Ensure high levels of housekeeping are maintained within the Trade Counter at all times.
- Possess a passion for customer service excellence
- High levels of drive and motivation with the ability to inspire a team
- A strong work ethic and the ability to deliver under pressure
- Display leadership traits
- Effective problem solver
- A commercial understanding of the industry
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise a busy workload and use initiative
- Good communication skills
- Have a ‘can do’ approach to all tasks
- Ensure you are presentable at all times in-line with company uniform policy
Work experience/educational requirements:
- Experience of working within a customer focused environment
- Proficient in MS Office (particularly Excel and Word)
- Educated to GCSE standard
- Previous experience of working in a Trade Counter environment or similar
- Experience working in the KBB industry
- Experience of using Access Supply Chain
- Experience/knowledge of ‘adding value’ and ‘upselling’ to customer’s sales
- Previous experience of supervising a team
Our client is committed to providing an environment that is supportive of work life balance through benefits and health and wellbeing initiatives. Resources and opportunities are provided to encourage and support the improved health and wellbeing of its employees.
Our client provides the following benefits;
- Competitive salary
- Clean modern, specious and well-appointed offices
- Fresh Fruit provided to support healthy eating
- Free filtered water
- Two communal staff break areas.
- Staff discount available on business products
- Social events
- Wellness plan available to employees after 2 years’ service
- Extra day annual leave from your 5th year
- 23 days annual leave plus standard bank holidays
- Staff saving scheme
- Long service bonuses
- Relaxed dress code
- Subsided gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme (twice per year)
- Reduced cost Costco membership
- Flu-jab (once per year)
From the moment that you join the team, they aspire to make your employment experience an outstanding and engaging one. If you are enthusiastic and thrive in a collaborative and friendly environment then we invite you to learn more, explore opportunities and discover a place for you.
For more info, please apply below or call us on 0113 457 3760.