Our client is a designer, manufacturer and installer of innovative signage working directly across the UK and Europe for a robust client base. The business strives to add value for its clients continually and genuinely differentiate itself from its competitors by providing a turnkey, one-stop solution. As part of their ongoing business development programme, the business seeks to recruit an experienced professional to fill the Account Manager position. The ideal candidate will be responsible for executing and leading the Hospitality arm of their business (specifically Pubs, Bars & Restaurants).
Upon appointment, the new Account Manager will work from our client HQ for up to six months to build a familiarisation with the businesses processes, organisation, systems and manufacturing capabilities. The successful candidate will complete a bespoke induction programme designed to fully understand their role, business, and culture. After the induction process, the company may deploy the Account Manager to a regional location based on their previous locality; they will attend the office minimum of three times per month.
A full clean driving license is essential as the role will require regular travel around the UK.
External responsibilities & accountabilities:
- An Account Manager is the ‘face’ of the company.
- They manage the relations with clients.
- They’re the clients’ go-to individuals.
- They oversee all we do for the client and take accountability to the Head of Operations and the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) for our performance and profitability.
- They communicate with the client, seek feedback and ensure we’re consistently delivering ‘Wow!’ i.e., at the very least, what the client expected.
- Account Managers lead Business Development with their aligned clients and seek opportunities to expand business, sales and profit. They work with those leading the companies broad marketing activity and, where appropriate, those leading sales activities to land new clients.
- Account Managers anticipate their clients’ future needs.
Internal responsibilities & accountabilities:
- An Account Manager leads by example in all things at all times.
- They set the right tone and behaviours both for their respective teams and all others.
- They promote the companies values.
- They take accountability and make sure others take the credit.
- An Account Manager regularly communicates with their team(s) to manage and prioritise their workload, ensuring that they do the right things, the proper resource is in place, and follow the process correctly.
- The Account Managers will meet weekly with their immediate line manager; The Head of Operations, who will coordinate a comprehensive resource and action plan, which he will communicate to all senior stakeholders.
- They coach their respective teams to build individuals capability over time and, by doing so, grow the business.
- They’re the ‘go-to individual for their team(s) seeking help.
- Account Managers take responsibility for developing other people. They see leading other people as a privilege, not a burden. Over time they’ll lead individuals’ appraisals and set development plans.
- They oversee health and safety management in their team’s activities.
- A formal Accounts Managers meeting is held regularly, attendance is essential, and dates will be agreed several months in advance. The meeting is to be chaired by The Head of Operations. The Head of Business Development will always attend. Other members of the company will participate in part.
- The monthly Account Managers meeting will focus upon things like:
- Workload planning
- Resource alignment: inc. Project Managers, Project Coordinators, Admin Assistance and aligned resources in the design teams etc.
- WIP and debt management
- Developing people
- Developing processes and systems
- Account Managers take full accountability for credit control and debt management. They are to lead a proactive approach to ensure no surprises and routine and timely cash flow. Clients are to be contacted before invoicing, on receipt of invoices and during the batching and payment processes to ensure no delay in payment receipt. The AM is to promote this approach across their teams.
On offer to the successful candidate is an attractive basic salary and benefits, giving you the ability to work with a dynamic, fast-growing company where the career opportunities are inexhaustible.
For more information on this and many more roles throughout the UK, then please contact Henri Pearson TRC Group and send your CV via this advertisement.