Battery Storage & Solar O&M Technician
TRC Northeast are currently recruiting for a Battery Storage & Solar O&M Technician for a large client based in Newcastle. This is a permanent position paying £28-£36k (Experience depending) + overtime + 10% bonus + on call allowance + amazing benefits package.
This role would be well suited to an Electrically bias field service technician with previous experience working in MW Scale Power Plants who is interested in moving into renewable technology.
- Relevant electrical qualifications – NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent)
- Full UK driving licence
- City & Guilds 17/18th BS7671
- Inspection and testing qualifications (C&G 2391 or 2394/5)
First aid qualifications
- Health & Safety qualifications (e.g. IOSH Managing Safely, SMSTS, SSSTS, CSCS)
Advanced electrical qualifications
- Central inverter training qualifications
- High Voltage qualifications and authorisations
The responsibilities of the Battery Storage and Solar O&M Technician include:
- Adherence to and management of health and safety requirements.
- Achieving and maintaining Authorised Person status commensurate with training received, experience gained and in-line with individual job role requirements.
- Undertaking planned inspection, testing and maintenance according to legal, technical, manufacturer and contractual requirements.
- Conducting system testing, troubleshooting (fault diagnosis), reactive maintenance and resolution in a timely manner.
- Troubleshooting and repairing sensors and communication equipment.
- Configuration of computer-based devices and components, including firmware updates.
- Inducting and managing sub-contractors, ensuring their safe working and undertaking quality checks on their work.
- Keeping accurate maintenance records and compiling reports.
- Keeping in close communication with the O&M office and team support personnel.
- Occasionally assisting with ground maintenance, clearance, or mechanical work.
- Occasionally working away from home for training courses or to cover other sites for up to 1 week at a time.
Experience, Skills and Attributes
- Strong approach to safe working practices
- DC and LV installation, fault finding, testing and commissioning
- Reading, writing, reviewing and amending Risk Assessments and Method Statements
- Liaising with equipment vendors to support diagnosis of faults
- Excellent communication skills, fluent written and spoken English
- Attention to detail
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Able to respond to changing priorities and emergent issues
- Working remotely without close supervision
- Enthusiasm for personal development
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Computer skills for writing reports, reporting progress and communications
- Passion, Accountability, Collaboration, Excellence
- Solar PV installation and O&M experience (MW-scale or large commercial ground-mount)
- Battery storage installation and O&M experience (MW- scale)
- Installing or maintaining ethernet and fibre optic communications
- Working with SCADA or data monitoring systems
- Working with HVAC, fire protection, security systems (including CCTV)
- Working with Central inverters
- Working with High Voltage switchgear
If you are interested please apply now and await a call from Jonathan.