TRC NE are currently recruiting for a full time qualified/qualified by experience accountant Chartered Accountant for a very well-established family run firm based in the heart of Middlesbrough.
As a chartered accountant you’ll give advice and provide trustworthy information about financial records. This might involve financial reporting, taxation, forensic accounting, corporate finance or accounting systems and processes.
Working strategically, your aim is to maximise profitability on behalf of your client or employer.
Duties and responsibilities are as follows but not limited to:
- Preparation of accounts from client records and submission of tax returns for sole traders, partnerships and Limited companies
- Bookkeeping and VAT returns
- Management accounts and forecasting
- Tax Planning for clients
- Liaising with HMRC recording tax compliance and investigations
- Client and colleague interaction
- Mentoring a small team at AAT level
- Overseeing departmental work
- Preparing financial statements showing business income and expenditure
- Verifying the accuracy of business accounts and alerting the accountant of errors
- Developing yearly financial statements including cash flow, profit and loss and balance sheets
- Interact professionally with other employees and clients
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without supervision
- Any other ad hoc duties
- Managing and mentoring a team of 2, reporting back to the office manager
- Must have extensive knowledge of personal tax, sole trade accounts & partnerships
For more information contact Jonathan in the Gateshead office