As part of FTSE 100, our client is the leader in equipment rentals in the UK, US and Canada – as well as specialist operations in Europe. Together, our teams of experts provide rental equipment and managed solutions into every market and sector, including construction, industrial, energy, infrastructure, government and events.
In this role, you’ll be joining their utilities specialist team. As the UK and Ireland’s largest specialist utility hire company, they offer a vast selection of specialist equipment and services to the utility, civil engineering and associated sectors. Our modern fleet ranges from butt fusion machines to winches, moles and electrofusion equipment to our state-of-the-art pipeline commissioning equipment.
About The Role
- In the role of Engineering Fitter, you’ll maintain and repair all equipment within the utilities range.
- We are looking for candidates who are motivated and keen to learn about our specialist products and build their industry knowledge.
- Your job duties will include finding and capturing machine damage and keeping accurate and comprehensive service and maintenance records. You’ll also attend breakdowns on customer sites. It’s also really important that you communicate effectively, ensuring that your Line Manager and Customers are kept informed as required.
- Working alongside colleagues, you will be a great team player and take pride in your workplace and working environment, making sure that high standards are maintained whilst complying with company procedures and processes.
- If you are successful we’ll provide you with a full company induction and work with you to identify your development needs and career progression plan. Your career path could include working towards becoming a Senior Specialist Engineer or a move into a Supervisory Management role.
- Ideally, you will have experience in a similar Engineering Fitter role, however, we are also interested in hearing from candidates who have a sound understanding of engineering skills in one or more of electronics, mechanics and hydraulics
- Able to work as part of a Team, supporting colleagues
- Flexible and self-motivated, you’ll be keen to embrace new training opportunities, which may on occasion require staying away from home
- Great communication skills – both verbal and written
- Customer-Focused with a commitment to delivering an excellent service
- Effective planning and organisation skills with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- About Us
The package includes a competitive salary and flexible rewards package including generous holiday allowance (with the opportunity to buy and sell annual leave), life assurance and a great company pension scheme.
If you are interested in hearing more about this role then please send your CV via this advertisement to Luke Fowler at The Recruitment Crowd.
If you’re looking for a new role, apply today! You can also view all of our live vacancies on our new recruitment app! Search ‘The Recruitment Crowd’ in the App Store or Play Store!