The Recruitment Crowd are currently recruiting on behalf of our industry-leading client based in the Mirfield area. We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to join the team.
Hours: Flexible hours throughout a 24/7 operation
Pay Rate: £60,000 per annum, plus company benefits
Location: Mirfield, WF14
Job Type: Permanent
- Lead C & E, I Engineering activities on the 24/7 chemical COMAH manufacturing site.
- Drive improvements and optimization projects for both current plant and facilities.
- Conduct engineering feasibility studies within budgeting and project frameworks.
- Provide expertise in Electrical engineering for safety initiatives and enhancements.
- Assume a leadership role in enforcing company engineering standards and C & E, I systems.
- Oversee small CAPEX projects involving maintenance, engineering, and operations teams.
- Collaborate closely with Maintenance to diagnose breakdowns and offer technical support for troubleshooting.
- Ensure strict compliance with electrical requirements including ATEX, DSEAR, HV/LV standards.
- Evaluate and establish SLAs with third-party vendors concerning critical equipment and systems.
- Address DCS issues (ABB 800xA, Satline, and Siemens PCS7) and troubleshoot as needed.
- Familiarity with GAMP regulations and exposure to them.
- Strong communication and teamwork capabilities.
- Demonstrated self-initiative, both independently and collaboratively.
- Proficient in project management, including budget control and stakeholder engagement.
- Motivated to foster personal growth and support the development of others.
- Experience in defining, managing, and delivering small to medium-sized CAPEX projects.
- Desirable Knowledge and Experience:
- ABB Sattline DCS system (hardware and software).
- ABB 800xA.
- Siemens PCS7.
- ABB Freelance control system.
- Siemens PLC base control systems.
- Familiarity with standard instrumentation equipment such as Vega, Endress+Hauser, Kamstrut, Beka, etc.
- Working knowledge of medium and low voltage systems.
- Experience with motors, drives, lighting, fire alarm systems, utilities, and services.
- Understanding of HSE, BS, ATEX considerations for hazardous area installations.
- Participation in new projects within the Engineering department to accommodate production changes.
- Familiarity with CSV (Computer System Validation) and its basic principles.
- Industrial background, preferably in Pharmaceutical, Chemical, Petrochemical, or similar manufacturing.
- Relevant degree in instrumentation or electrical engineering, or equivalent industry experience of 10+ years.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Consistently achieve monthly departmental goals.
- Effective management of project budgets.
- Completion of compliance action plan as per schedule.
Key Skills and Personal Attributes:
- Demonstrates speed, precision, and multitasking abilities, paying great attention to detail.
- Dedicated to continuous improvement and innovation.
- Result-oriented mindset, driven to meet outcomes and KPIs.
- Self-motivated, disciplined, and focused on end goals.
- Strives for excellence, leveraging expertise and outside perspectives for optimal practices.
- Competitive base salary based on skills and experience.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including bonus.
- DC pension scheme & AVC (Additional Voluntary Contributions).
- Private medical insurance.
- Life assurance and income protection.
- Gym membership.
- Enhanced maternity & paternity leave.
- 25 days’ annual leave in addition to statutory holidays.
For more information, please apply directly with a copy of your CV today and a member of our team will be in touch!