Finance Business Partner
Amazing opportunity for a professional and experienced individual looking to be a Financial Business Partner within a growing environment.
The Finance business partner will support the operations and sales teams ensuring monthly job profits are recorded correctly, sales invoices are raised promptly, and costs are accrued accurately.
The Finance Business Partner will be responsible for the month-end close position on Gross Profit ensuring checks are in place, implementing and managing strong exception reporting and identifying efficiencies to support both the sales and operational teams as well as management.
Critical impact areas include
Responsible for all the accuracy of gross margin reporting supporting the Financial Controller on the month-end close and year-end revenue recognition.
Manage the calculation and accrual of the sales team commissions.
Drive improvements in reporting for sales and operations creating monthly dashboards.
Develop and refine reports to analyse margins.
Implement Management Information packs and provide insightful analysis to support commercial decision making.
Act as a trusted business partner to the wider organisation to help drive successful financial-based business decisions.
Assist with general business planning and forecasting, implementing annual budgets and long-term business modelling.
Support the year-end process to ensure it runs as smoothly and timely as possible, works with the external Auditor where required.
Support the CFO and Financial controller with financial projects including new system implementations.
Desired Qualifications and Capabilities:
- ACA, ACCA, CIMA part-qualified or qualified by experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and analytical skills.
- Be capable of evaluating problems and delivering solutions both in finance and across other functions.
- Demonstrate an enthusiastic approach with the ability to use your own initiative to solve problems.
- Able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Communicates effectively with colleagues and across the departments.
- Previous experience of using the Datafreight system.
- SQL / Power BI
- Relevant Sector (retail / shipping / logistics / freight forwarding)
- Company events
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- Gym membership
- Private dental insurance
- Private medical insurance
Please reach out today for more information to:
T: 0113 475 3760