Learning & Development Trainer
Learning & Development Trainer will be responsible for developing and delivering internal training programmes for our clients employees across a wide range of disciplines, including but not limited to sales, professional development, and business tools/applications.
Work closely with business stakeholders to determine training needs, develop curriculum/training material, and deliver training in an engaging and effective manner. Training will be provided in a variety of ways, including in person, remotely, and self-paced module-based training.
In this role, you will report to the Learning & Development Manager, and working collaboratively with all Department and Showroom Managers to ensure their teams have the skills to achieve their short- and long-term objectives.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Learning & Development
- Identify, develop, and deliver training, both in person and through group training techniques in a classroom setting online
- Compose, and maintain system guides ensuring all information is up to date and that all users are aware of new developments
- Develop training plans and complete progress reports to ensure training is structured, objective and up to date
- Create relevant training content for the online learning platform when required
- Provide ongoing progress reports to communicate impact of training and increase in team and individual performance
- Evaluate outcome of training programmes, improving content to ensure training remains effective and engaging
- Deliver monthly reports to L&D Manager and Head of HR detailing personnel that have attended training and set and agree objectives for the following months.
Assessing & Monitoring
- Conduct skills gap analysis to identify areas of improvement and training needs through communication with Department Managers.
- Record and file learning and development records ensuring accuracy and confidentiality.
- Provide ongoing progress reports to communicate impact of training and increase in team and individual performance.
- Monitor the implementation of training and induction programmes for new colleagues ensuring the effectiveness, making changes if required.
- Evaluate training programmes, improving content to ensure training remains effective and engaging.
People & Communication
- Liaise with the L&D Manager to establish short- and long-term objectives to develop improved KPI performance.
- Collaborate with Department Managers to understand performance levels in their areas and establish the training priorities.
- Forge strong relationships with key colleagues at Head Office to develop training packages.
- Deliver monthly reports to L&D Manager and Head of HR detailing personnel that have attended training and set and agree objectives for the following month.
- Establish short- and long-term training objectives to develop improved KPI performance.
Systems & Procedures
- Ensure all company procedures and systems relating to training and development are followed.
Health & Safety/Equality & Diversity
- Follow all processes and procedures outlined in the Health & Safety Policy ensuring the health and safety of self, customers, and colleagues.
- Practice and promote our clients Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Policy ensuring compliance across showrooms.
- Oversee the compliance of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018 to ensure data security is maintained.
- Responsible for the accurate and appropriate processing of all our clients sales data ensuring confidentiality and accuracy.
- To carry out other duties within the scope of the role or that are commensurate with the level of the position.
- This role will require a certain level of travel to training centres in both Leeds and Essex, with other possible travel to showrooms if required.