Nursing Home Manager
My client based in Weybridge has a great opportunity for an experienced Registered Manager or aspiring manager to join their well-established team within their small nursing home!
The role would require an individual who has experience working within a care home environment looking after residents who need personalised nursing care. My client is looking for someone who can match their passion for delivering high-quality care and promote the same ethos throughout.
The duties include (but are not limited to)
- Working proficiently and effectively within the relevant legal, ethical and professional frameworks applicable to residents, including the NMC Code of Professional Conduct.
- Establish effective working relationships by ensuring robust and regular communication and liaison with all members of the care team.
- Establish good working with external care providers, Continuing Health Care, Local Hospices and the NHS.
- Line manage Carers and Nurses safely and effectively, delegating tasks and supervising practice in accordance with professional and statutory frameworks.
- Ensuring that holistic and clinical care is person-centred, needs-led, evidence-based and meets all statutory requirements.
- Demonstrating and sharing professional expertise with colleagues, providing support and training where appropriate.
- Participating in the delivery of care to residents demonstrating knowledge of and applying principles of “best practice”.
- Undertaking end of life care and symptom management assessment and planning, in collaboration with care and nursing staff, the resident, relatives and other relevant services.
- Participating in and supporting quality assurance and practice development activities e.g. audit, benchmarking, service review, and clinical supervision to ensure that the highest standards of care are maintained.
- Ensuring equipment is used safely and appropriately and is maintained in safe working order reporting any defective items immediately.
- Participating in educational opportunities related to elderly care or service development.
- Carry out additional duties as required.
- Competitive salary
- 26 days holiday plus banks
- Generous pension contributions
- Life insurance
- Discounted on-site purchases
- Free Parking
- On-site amenities such as golf, swimming, gym etc
If you feel like you have the correct qualification and skills to fulfil this position, please apply through this advert or email me at email@example.com. Alternatively, call me on 0191 543 6209.