Part Time Showroom Sales Advisor
We’re looking for a Part Time Showroom Sales Advisor to work on behalf of our well known client in various locations throughout the UK.
Responsible for maximising all sales opportunities by providing exceptional customer service. This will be achieved through the application of expert product knowledge, engaging with the customer and by the creation of a positive and welcoming environment. Also responsible for the delivery of excellent operational standards ensuring loss is minimised and tasks are efficiently and effectively executed.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Commercial & Sales
- Maximise profit and meet sales targets by achieving the set individual KPIs and objectives.
- Deliver exceptional customer service through expert product knowledge and customer interaction by welcoming customers and identifying their needs whilst providing recommendations.
- Maximise salesfloor and telephone sales by up-selling and cross-selling.
- Use customer feedback and sales reports to assist with making commercial decisions when considering best and slow-selling products, stock availability and instore product positioning.
- Develop own awareness of industry activity and local market conditions to assist the sales process.
People & Communication
- Ensure personal appearance and behaviour reflects the culture and values of our client.
- Contribute to the performance management process using company procedures, including
- participating in regular performance development reviews and ongoing feedback sessions.
- Respond to queries using the telephone, email system and face to face communications.
- Ongoing involvement in store and company communications ensuring awareness of current and planned activity, new or amended procedures and newly launched products.
- Participate in effective communications across the network of nationwide showrooms and Head Office to encourage best practise and promote idea sharing.
- Assist with the delivery of training and induction programmes for new team members.
- Seek opportunities for ongoing personal development and actively engage with company training opportunities.
Systems & Procedures
- Accurately record daily footfall using the correct process and record in a timely manner.
- Adhere to all procedures and systems relating to the security of the showroom, stock control and the prevention of loss.
- Complete the stockroom to shopfloor replenishment process accurately.
- Ensure stockroom procedures are adhered to and housekeeping standards are maintained.
- Ensure products are priced correctly and appropriate pricing labels/POS are used.
- Handle customer sales transactions including the taking of cash and card payments and gain
- authorisation for the processing of customer refunds, exchanges, and credit transactions.
- Process customer queries and complaints, aiming for first time resolution, in a polite and courteous manner.
- Complete daily cashing-up and banking procedures accurately and within the set company timelines.
- Report all building maintenance defects and requests for repair using the appropriate process.
- Complete the salesfloor and off-salesfloor checklists ensuring showroom standards are always at their highest and meet the criteria set out.
- Following merchandising guidelines and ensure promotions are executed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ensure relevant POS and lifestyle graphics are utilised and instructions are followed.
Health & Safety/Equality & Diversity
- Follow all processes and procedures outlined in the Health & Safety Policy ensuring the health and safety of self, customers, and colleagues.
- Practice and promote our clients Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Policy.
- Responsible for the compliance of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018 to ensure data security is maintained.
- Responsible for the accurate and appropriate processing of all our clients sales data ensuring confidentiality and accuracy.
- To carry out other duties within the scope of the role or that are commensurate with the level of the position.
Hours of work
- 5 hours per day, 5 days per week