Job title: Product Assembler
Responsible For: Assembly Tools
Responsible To: Logistics Manager
Responsible for the careful and precise picking, assembling and packing of a home delivery drivers’ route. This will be achieved by understanding what items need to be picked, where these items are located and then carefully unpacking these items and assembling them ready for despatch the next day.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure that items are correctly picked from any of our three warehouses located in Herbert Road, Brentwood and transported to the correct home delivery driver’s bay.
- Carefully unpack said items to ensure no damage is done to the product upon unpacking, if the product is damaged then this must be reported to the Logistics Manager or Team Leader immediately.
- Assemble and pack items in the correct order ready for the home assembly driver to load when they return.
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the area in which you are working, we will provide cleaning materials so that this can be achieved. If the materials are running low then this will need to be communicated to the logistics office to order more.
- Clear and recycle all packaging, this will include operating heavy machinery daily, on which training will be provided.
- Ensure that all paperwork is filled out and signed off correctly and the correct paperwork is displayed on the items that are ready to be despatched.
- Assist and support the logistics team including but not limited to the Logistics Manager and Team Leader.
- Ensure you are fully representative of the brand in your appearance and behaviour.
- Participate in effective communication to ensure colleagues are kept up to date with any issues that may arise, so we can learn from the experience and make the customers personal experience the best it can be.
Attend any training courses that are booked for you, including but not limited to the Braintree learning system.
Follow all processes outlined in the Health & Safety Policy ensuring the health and safety of self, customers and colleagues
Practice and promote Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Policy.
Responsible for the upkeep of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018 to ensure data security is maintained.
Please apply through this advert and one of our consultants will be in touch! Alternatively, call Jamie on 0113 457 3760.
You can also view all of our live vacancies on our new recruitment app! Search ‘The Recruitment Crowd’ in the App Store or Play Store! Still have questions, call our Head Office on 0113 457 3760 or drop us a message via Facebook @TheRecruitmentCrowd and we will get back to you ASAP!