Our client has always been a byword for quality, service, and reliability, and whilst it operates independently, being part of a bigger fenestration group has enabled them to develop to where they are today. Their new building is equipped with cutting edge technology and manufacturing machinery to continue their quality offering, but it would be nothing without their ultimate USP’s; talent and expertise.
This is a new and exciting opportunity to work as part of the Production Management Team. You will be responsible for managing the day to day running of Production in the most cost effective and efficient manner. Continually evaluating best cost-effective practices and methods of working to ensure improvements in productivity, whilst ensuring all health, safety and wellbeing procedures are being complied with.
- To ensure an efficient production operation which is able to fulfil operational and customer demand.
- Working with supply chain to control stock levels to ensure production is met.
- Supervising, leading and motivating the production team.
- Helping to deliver the budget, in terms of costs and production numbers. Supporting the delivery of Capital Expenditure plans and maintenance and engineering initiatives.
- Implement Lean Manufacturing and process improvements.
- To liaise with the Production Director to plan future capacity requirements and constraints, building a planning and scheduling process to maintain OTIF, while managing labour costs through planning work rota’s, assigning employees according to production needs, analysing results for continuous improvement.
- To ensure IT and automated systems are accurate and up to date, identify any system improvements, implement, and drive continuous improvement activities change management and best practices.
- To manage health, safety, and wellbeing to the highest standards, reducing or eliminating hazards, ensuring best practice and safe systems of work are operated, high standards of housekeeping are maintained, etc. in liaison with H&S Officer.
- To ensure the working environment is managed to the highest standards using 5S techniques.
- To manage all employee relations issues in compliance with HR Policies and Procedures.
- To manage performance to ensure that all production staff reach their highest potential and optimum performance levels through Performance Development Review, training, and monitoring processes.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Demonstrable management experience in lean manufacturing and continuous improvement experience.
- Resilient, well organised, disciplined, and self-motivated, with the capability to balance multiple priorities.
- Analytical, strategic-thinker and planner, with a ‘hands on’ strong leadership style, leading by example.
- Customer-focused with a strong emphasis on ‘safety first’, quality, delivery, and cost management.
- A visionary, with the ability to engage staff through their passion to succeed.
- Demonstrable experience of sustaining lean and continuous improvement.
- Demonstrable experience of coaching and mentoring.
- Specific industry experience and multi product manufacturing is highly desirable.
Contact Nat on 07784 876509 or 0191 543 6209 for more information.or send your CV to Nathaniel.firstname.lastname@example.org