The company is a designer, manufacturer and installer of innovative signage working directly across the UK and Europe for a robust client base. The business strives to add value for its clients continually and genuinely differentiate itself from its competitors by providing a turnkey, one-stop solution. As part of their ongoing business development programme, the business seeks to recruit an experienced professional to fill a Project Management position. The ideal candidate will be responsible for executing and leading the successful delivery of projects across all of our blue-chip.
Upon appointment, the new Project Manager will work from the company HQ, for up to six months to build a familiarisation with the companies processes, organisation, systems and manufacturing capabilities. The successful candidate will complete a bespoke induction programme designed to fully understand their role, business, and culture. After the induction process, the company may deploy the Project Manager to a regional location based on their previous locality; they will attend the office minimum of three times per month.
A full clean driving license is essential as the role will require regular travel around the UK.
The full detailed job description and schedule of tasks is yet to be fully developed, but the following outlines the current principal expectations.
- A Project Manager (PM) can occasionally be the ‘face’ of the companies brand but is more likely to be a senior member of the companies client account team reporting to an Account Manager (AM). A Project Manager is routinely responsible to an AM for the delivery of their projects.
- When the PM is acting as the ‘face’ of the company, they may report directly to the Head of Operations and thus pick up all or part of the duties of the Account Manager as laid out in their job description. In these circumstances, usually, as part of the PM’s development, The Head of Operations will set out exactly which duties he wishes the PM to execute.
- The PM becomes the clients’ go-to individual for the individual projects.
- They coordinate all client and client team communication regarding their allocated work programmes and projects and ensure they consistently exceed the client’s delivery expectations and thus deliver ‘Wow!’.
- They seek feedback on there and the broader team performance and ensure the AM is kept appraised.
- When tasked, the PM will assist AM’s with broader business development with their aligned clients and thus seek out an opportunity to expand the business’ sales and profit.
- They work, as tasked, with those leading the companies broad marketing activity and, where appropriate, those leading sales activities to land new clients.
- If tasked, the PM will research new materials, manufacturing processes, installation methods, and design ideas and ensure their aligned clients are kept appraised.
- The PM routinely reports to an AM who actively sets out their workload programme and projects for which they are responsible. The AM always retains accountability for project delivery.
- A PM leads by example in all things at all times.
- They set the right tone and behaviours both for their respective teams and all others.
- They promote the companies values.
- They take responsibility for delivering their allocated work programmes and projects and ensuring timely and profitable delivery within the prescribed processes.
- The PM may be assisted and supported by Project Coordinators and Administrators, but they can never delegate their responsibility for project delivery. The Project Coordinators job description sets out a range of tasks that the Project Manager may charge to execute.
- They participate in the AMs meeting with their aligned team(s).
- They are responsible for the safe planning of all their allocated projects. They may seek assistance from a Compliance Manager, but this will never remove their responsibility for the project’s safety planning.
- They are responsible for ensuring their projects are appropriately instigated, set up and enabled on the system.
- The PM is always responsible for ensuring all sites are adequately surveyed, following the company’s best practice and prescribed process, and all site-specific issues are identified and managed.
- They are responsible for ensuring the aligned designer(s) are thoroughly and adequately briefed following the companies process. The outcome must meet the initial client brief before seeking external endorsement.
- They are always responsible for ensuring the Production Team are adequately briefed. The PM liaises with the Production Team to resolve any manufacturing difficulties, timescales or unique materials requirements.
- The PM is expected to ensure signs are manufactured to the correct specification and quality before being dispatched for installation.
- The PM is always responsible for ensuring a thorough, safe installation plan is compiled and that the project is properly and timely briefed to the Installation Team
- The PM communicates effectively with clients and their external works teams such as Architects, Designers and Contractors.
- They review works and take corrective action where required.
- The PM actively seeks advice from the Production and Installation Teams to improve project stages to allow the best safe delivery.
- The PM reviews sales forecasts and updates the AM during weekly / monthly informal meetings
- The PM will conduct a periodic SWOT analysis of their client for the AM.
- They will help implement and review business changes to the broader team.
- The PM will appraise themselves when required with the AM, who will assist with ongoing personal development.
- They have an understanding of workload and are flexible to assist as required.
- PMs, take full responsibility for credit control and debt management. They are to deliver a proactive approach to ensure no surprises and routine and timely cash flow. Clients are to be contacted before invoicing, on receipt of invoices and during the batching and payment processes to ensure no delay in payment receipt. The PM is to assist the AMs in the promotion of this approach.
On offer to the successful candidate is an attractive basic salary and benefits, giving you the ability to work with a dynamic, fast-growing company where the career opportunities are inexhaustible.
For more information on this and many more roles throughout the UK, then please contact Henri Pearson TRC Group and send your CV via this advertisement.