Registered Nurse – Clinical Research
My client based in Nottingham are on the lookout for qualified RGNs to join their group as Clinical Research Nurses.
The group test and trial medical programs and drugs capabilities with healthy volunteers within their modern hospital setting.
37.5 hours per week
Summary of job purpose
- Support the Clinical Lead by providing mentorship and guidance to the clinical team
- To ensure excellent clinical standards within the clinic
- To comply & adhere to GXP guidelines and regulations as required of this role.
Qualifications and experience required for competent performance
- Must be RGN qualified (happy to speak with newly qualified Nurses too!)
- Preferably experience of working in a clinical research environment or equivalent experience in another role – not essential
- A minimum of Immediate Life Support trained
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Clinical duties per assigned role competencies e.g. collection and processing of blood samples, taking blood pressure, ECGs, spirometry, sample processing, scintigraphy etc. in accordance with ICH-GCP
- Undertake assessment of vital signs
- Ensure source data completion is to a high standard and performing quality checks accordingly
- Support training and mentorship for both new and existing members of the clinical team
- Administration of dosage forms as required by resource allocations
- Monitor compliance and support audit readiness at all times by ensuring assigned monthly departmental inspections are conducted per the agreed schedule
- Participate in ILS training/scenarios as required
- When allocated act as a shift or ward lead to ensure effective management of shifts/study days
- Review and check emergency equipment and concomitant medication usage as required by internal procedures
- Prescribe concomitant medication in accordance with agreed competency
- Support activities in other departments as deemed necessary to support the needs of the business e.g. screening, data entry and project management
- Perform ad hoc duties/projects as required to support the needs of the business
- Ensure clinical equipment is maintained in good working order
- Competitive salary
- Fully paid training
- 33 days holiday
- Life insurance 3x salary
- Private medical insurance
- 5% company pension contribution
If you have the correct skill set and are a fully qualified RGN, please apply.