Senior Registered Manager
SENIOR REGISTERED CHILDREN’S HOME MANAGER
Head of Children’s Home Services All staff in the home
To be responsible for the full range of activities involved in managing two children’s homes in line with the Children’s Homes Regulations and Quality Standards and good practice initiatives, ensuring that it has at its heart the welfare and safety of each child accommodated.
- To manage the homes to the highest professional standards and within the agreed budget
- To exceed the national minimum standards for children’s homes, achieving at least a ‘good’ overall Ofsted rating
- To maintain occupancy at optimum levels (as specified for each home)
- To establish excellent relationships with commissioners and local authority social work and placement teams
- To conduct oneself at all times in a manner which is complimentary to the ideals, goals and expectations of the organisation and ensure the staff team does likewise
- Service Provision
- To promote the home to commissioners, regulators, other organisations and individuals, ensuring that the homes, and the services it provides, are well known and respected.
- To develop effective relationships with those who have, or may have, an impact on the level of occupancy and referrals.
- To take responsibility for managing the direction and development of the services, ensuring that local plans are in line with the overall strategic plan of the organisation.
- To regularly review the level of achievement of services against service objectives and standards.
- To promote opportunities for the improvement and expansion of St Christopher’s services and market them effectively to local authorities, funders and purchasers.
- To manage physical, financial and human resources effectively, ensuring that key tasks are fulfilled and that an appropriate service is provided to all young people in the home within the budgets provided.
- To take responsibility for the promotion of safeguarding and the welfare of the young people in the homes, ensuring that educational and health needs are clearly defined and met.
- To establish a culture and working practices that achieve the best outcomes for young people in a safe and secure environment.
- To ensure that key stages in the stay of young people such as admissions and discharge are properly managed and reflect decisions recorded in care plans
- Through the staff team, to encourage and support young people to take responsibility for their own lives commensurate with their age and ability.
- To ensure that activities are planned that stimulate and provide enjoyment for young people.
- To create effective ways of involving of young people in the running of the homes and having a say in their own development.
This job description outlines the general ways in which it is expected you will meet the overall requirements of the post. The list of tasks is not an exclusive one and duties may vary from time to time. This job description is subject to regular review