Service Manager – Learning Disabilities
£32,000 – £35,000
Performance bonus and mileage paid
TRC are working with a specialist provider of care and support to adults with learning disabilities, autism and challenging behaviours in aims to find an amazing Service Manager for one of their clients based in Colchester.
The Service Manager would be responsible the oversight of the individual package for a male with the need for 3 to 1 support. The client is currently in a secure unit looking to make the transition back into the community in the next coming months. This would mean for the first month, the SM would be required to be away from home for 2/3 days per week.
The Role (not exhaustive):
- You will have overall responsibility for assessing new people that we support, and the development and implementation of individual support plans, risk plans and risk assessments.
- You will encourage the people you support to take an active role in all aspects of daily living and ensure the appropriate level of individual care and support is identified.
- Manage the review and maintenance of all support plans to ensure the ongoing suitability of the support that is being provided, including daily outings, holiday, or recreational pursuits.
- Recording and completing any appropriate documentation to ensure that individuals’ records, observations, or reports results are accurate and informative. Providing this information upon request to the Registered Manager (or their equivalent)
- Providing a comprehensive, high quality general administrative facility for the business including letter writing, minutes taking, ordering of stationery, etc.
- Ensuring that all the people we support have up to date MAR charts, in accordance with the company’s Administration of Medication Policy, including staff medication competencies and regular audits of Medication records every 3 months.
- Maintaining compliance and support of staff through coordination and completion of supervision, appraisal and team meetings and spot checks as per Company’s Policy
- Must have completed a minimum of Level 4 in Social Care or Management
- Must be a driver with access to a car
- Must have a clean DBS
- Must have experience working with service users with learning disabilities and challenging behaviours