We are currently recruiting for a Showroom Manager to work on behalf of our well known client in Brighton.
- Responsible for the delivery of exceptional operational and commercial standards in their showroom resulting in the achievement of sales targets and the reduction of loss. This will be achieved by providing excellent customer service and effective leadership of the showroom team through the creation of an environment where colleagues are coached and developed to be their best.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Commercial & Sales
- Maximise profit and meet sales targets by setting and monitoring KPIs and objectives for the showroom team.
- Ensure all customers are welcomed and greeted by the showroom team and their requirements are identified, and recommendations provided.
- Maximise salesfloor and telephone sales through the monitoring of the up-selling and cross-selling techniques of colleagues.
- Use customer feedback and sales reports to manage and assist the team to make commercial decisions when selling, considering best and slow-selling products, stock availability and instore product positioning.
- Develop own and team’s ongoing awareness of industry activity and local market conditions.
- Plan and produce staff rotas ensuring exceptional customer service and wage cost efficiency is maintained.
- Manage and work within the constraints of the showroom budgets ensuring any related procedures are adhered to.
People & Communication
- Lead, manage and motivate the showroom team, providing ongoing coaching and mentoring support.
- Organise and deliver the ongoing training of the showroom team to develop a high performing team of experts.
- Ensure the showroom team is fully representative of our clients brand in their appearance and behaviour.
- Manage the performance of showroom colleagues using company procedures, processes and tools including regular performance development reviews and one to one meetings. Ensure the very best premium showroom colleagues are recruited.
- Deliver and monitor the effective implementation of training and induction programmes for new colleagues.
- Manage the ongoing showroom communication ensuring colleagues are aware of current and planned activity, new or amended procedures and newly launched products.
- Participate in effective communications across the network of nationwide showrooms and Head Office to encourage best practise and promote idea sharing.
- Seek opportunities for ongoing personal development and actively engage with company training opportunities.
- Execute disciplinary and grievance actions in conjunction with the Regional Manager.
Systems & Procedures
- Ensure daily footfall is record accurately and in a timely manner using the correct process.
- Manage the compliance of company procedures and systems relating to the showrooms’ security, stock control and the prevention of loss.
- Manage the stockroom to shopfloor replenishment process to ensure accuracy.
- Ensure stockroom procedures are adhered to and housekeeping standards are maintained. Manage the showroom’s product ordering process ensuring procedures are followed. Ensure products are priced correctly and appropriate pricing labels/POS are used.
- Ensure cashing-up and banking systems are in accordance with policies and procedure and all sales transactions are completed accurately by the team.
- Effectively manage the customer queries and complaints process aiming for first time resolution.
- Ensure refund, exchange and credit procedures are adhered to and processed correctly.
- Manage the reporting process in relation to building maintenance and repairs.
- Manage the showroom salesfloor and off-salesfloor checklist process effectively ensuring showroom standards always meet the set standards criteria.
- Ensure product layouts, merchandising guidelines and promotions are executed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ensure relevant POS and lifestyle graphics are utilised correctly and instructions are followed.
Health & Safety/Equality & Diversity
- Follow all processes and procedures outlined in the Health & Safety Policy ensuring the health and safety of self, customers and colleagues. Practice and promote our clients Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Policy.
- Responsible for the compliance of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018 to ensure data security is maintained.
- Responsible for the accurate and appropriate processing of all of our clients sales data ensuring confidentiality and accuracy.
- To carry out other duties within the scope of the role or that are commensurate with the level of the position.