The Recruitment Crowd are working with a Yorkshire based charity who are committed to enabling people to live their best life. They’re looking to recruit Support Workers for a supported living service to join their team in Gateshead to help continue providing high quality care to each patient with different Learning and Physical Disabilities.
Brief overview of the role:
- Prepare person centred support plans with clients whilst reviewing and amending when necessary
- Support clients to fulfil their aspirations, supporting them to live as independently as possible, in accordance with their skills and abilities
- Accompanying clients on social visits and events
- Being supportive with clients’ interests and hobbies
- Arranging client activities and outings
- Ensure appropriate records are kept and daily notes and taken whilst keeping the client fully informed
- Personal care to clients whilst respecting their choices. This could include washing, bathing etc
- Carry out a range of household duties in accordance with the needs of the clients including cooking, cleaning, laundry, and other domestic duties as required
- Work in accordance with Health and Safety requirements, such as Manual Handling, Food Hygiene, Fire Safety, infection control and Risk Assessment procedures
- Demonstrate a commitment to the vision, aims and core principles
- Rising annual leave each year. 28 days rising to 33 inclusive of statutory holidays.
- Refer A Friend
- Cycle To Work scheme
- 24 Hour Employee Assistance Programme
- Comprehensive Personal Development Plan
- Flexible working opportunities (where practical) upon satisfactory completion of probation period
- Discounted Personal Mobile Phone plan
- Discounted Income Protection Scheme
- Funded Life Assurance Cover
If you wish for further information, please apply and one of our team will be in touch!