UK Medical Diabetes Lead
Hours: Up to 40 hours per week with options to do clinical sessional work outside this role
This group is one of Europe’s largest providers of digitally-enabled behaviour change support to people with health conditions related to diet such as type 2 diabetes, prediabetes and complex obesity. They offer patients the most accessible, personalised and high-quality care possible. They are able to overcome challenges by Creating unique digitally-enabled treatment programmes for patients, delivered by their clinical team of dietitians, health coaches, psychologists, activity experts, specialist nurses and doctors, offering patients access to expert advice in a time and place of their choosing, via their NHS Digital approved smartphone app.
- To develop a strong understanding of the diabetes and obesity market within the UK, competitors and how health policy affect company strategy
- Supporting Partnerships and Clinical Expert teams win NHS contracts, including supporting the writing of business cases and tender bids
- Providing expert medical input into the design of the medical pathways in their NHS tier 3 weight management and type 2 diabetes services
- Assisting research strategy with both internal teams and academic partners, ensuring the research generated meets NICE requirements to be included in guidelines
- Clinical supervision and supporting the recruitment and development of our DSN and medical teams
- Delivery of 100% remote medical clinics including reviews of patients with obesity and type 2 diabetes to ensure appropriate prescribing. These will be via email or phone (no face-to-face care).
- Supporting our CQC appraisal processes as required. Note, Clinical Governance is overseen by their separate Quality Lead role not by this Medical Lead
- Must be a qualified Medical Doctor, on the GMC GP Register OR specialist endocrinology and diabetes mellitus register. You will have the option to continue to practice clinically part time within this role, which can be agreed as part of your contract.
- Experience in clinical supervision and delivering clinical services to people with obesity and type 2 diabetes
- Commercially minded and with a strong competitive approach to success
- An excellent communicator and relationship builder, acting as a brand ambassador to external customers
- You thrive in a busy environment and can multitask and prioritise workload
- Willing to undertake UK travel to customers (if this restarts post COVID!)
- Not essential but desirable experience includes clinical research in obesity and type 2 diabetes, digital health product development, and NICE approvals processes.
- Competitive salary plus performance-based pay and employer contribution pension, with annual salary reviews
- The opportunity to make a meaningful impact in revolutionising healthcare in the UK
- Friendly and dynamic London office in London Bridge, with the option of flexible and remote working
- A comprehensive staff wellbeing programme
- Medicash healthcare plan and Tastecard employee benefits scheme
- Exciting and rewarding role in high-growth scale-up environment
- Training and development opportunities including progression to a Director position
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) with the option of an additional 5 days unpaid leave
- Regular team socials as well as free breakfast & snacks daily in the office