We rely on the efficiency and effectiveness of our Distribution Hubs. We consider each of our regional warehouses to be a well-oiled machine, driven by a customer-centric mentality. To deliver on our promise to consumers, we count on exceptionally talented, bright, and committed people. Currently, we’re seeking a warehouse manager to join our team and manage operations within our Northern Hub in Leeds. This professional multitasker will manage and oversee the receiving, handling, storing, picking, and packing activities within the warehouse, ensuring quality standards are met at every turn. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented and able to track multiple facets of the warehouse at any given time. You must achieve inventory accuracy, coordinate orders, and track shipping times, ultimately overseeing the fulfilment of millions of product orders every year.
Objectives of this Role:
Ensure the warehouse operates at peak efficiency, with customer satisfaction being the primary goal, by supervising, organizing, directing, and training warehouse employees and establishing, monitoring, and managing operation goals
Develop warehouse operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements, equipment utilization, inventory management, and shipping
Train and manage a warehouse team to solve day-to-day operational issues and reach short- and long-term performance goals
Oversee daily operations, while controlling and managing inventory and logistics
Review and prepare workflow, manning and space requirements, equipment layout, and action plans while ensuring productivity, quality and customer service standards are met
Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures and complying with company and legal regulations
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Supervise daily activities of the warehouse, including quality assurance, inventory control, space management, logistics, floor productivity, shipping, and customer service
- Schedule and oversee warehouse team to meet the demands of the fulfilment centre, and manage the flow and quality of work to maximize efficiency and minimize overtime
- Inspect equipment, tools, and machinery regularly, and oversee general maintenance as needed
- Meet regularly with warehouse leads to review, analyze, and develop actionable plans for productivity and loss prevention
- Oversee and manage logistics utilized to transport products to customers and internal facilities, communicating with drivers and air partners to ensure efficient delivery of packages
- Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years experience in a warehouse lead role managing hourly employees
- Proficient knowledge of warehouse procedure and policy
- Excellent problem-solving skills and leadership qualities
- Ability to work with all levels of company staff
- Comfortable delivering frequent direct written and oral feedback
- Ensure all staff are dressed in the appropriate company uniform and PPE.
Health & safety / Equality & Diversity
Follow all processes and procedures outlined in the Health and Safety Policy ensuring the health and safety of self, visitors and colleagues.
Ensure reporting processes in relation to building maintenance and repairs are adhered to.
Responsible for compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018 to ensure data security is maintained.
Please apply through this advert and one of our consultants will be in touch! Alternatively, call Jamie on 0113 457 3760.
You can also view all of our live vacancies on our new recruitment app! Search ‘The Recruitment Crowd’ in the App Store or Play Store! Still have questions, call our Head Office on 0113 457 3760 or drop us a message via Facebook @TheRecruitmentCrowd and we will get back to you ASAP!