Warehouse Operative aka Picker Packer
Various shifts, TBC
Warehouse Operative duties
A warehouse operative role provides a varied workday that includes:
- Assisting with the unloading of vehicles and the checking in of stock
- Sorting and placing materials or items on racks, and shelves.
- Collecting items from throughout the warehouse, preparing and completing warehouse orders for delivery or pickup according to a schedule.
- Performing warehouse inventory controls via scanner and or through a computer.
- Stock counting and location checks.
- Participation in all training deems necessary.
- Attend monthly one to one/reviews where personal goals and objectives will be discussed and ongoing training decided.
- Ensure you wear provided workwear and the correct PPE.
- Ensure your role and responsibility with regard to health, safety and environment are of paramount importance.
- Maintain housekeeping standards.
- Work to the standards set by your line manager.
- Skills needed as a Warehouse Operative
- Good organisational skills
- Reliability and dependability
- Literacy & numeracy
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job
- Upbeat and energised
- Flexible and willing to take on a variety of tasks
- Team player
As a warehouse operative, you will be working both alone and as part of a team with efficiency and commitment to complete your work and strive to maintain the business performance targets.
This role best suits self-motivated individuals who enjoy working systematically and productively. The fast-paced environment relies on organisation and efficiency and with so much ground to cover in the line of duty it is important to ensure that you have a moderate level of fitness to enable you to comfortably carry out your tasks.
Picking and packing products can involve a substantial amount of manual handling including bending, stretching, stooping, stepping, reaching and lifting. Having a good range of mobility is important to ensure you can work safely within health and safety regulations without placing undue strain on your body.
Please apply through this advert and one of our consultants will be in touch! Alternatively, call Jamie on 0113 457 3760.
You can also view all of our live vacancies on our new recruitment app! Search ‘The Recruitment Crowd’ in the App Store or Play Store! Still have questions, call our Head Office on 0113 457 3760 or drop us a message via Facebook @TheRecruitmentCrowd and we will get back to you ASAP!